Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Serial to parallel Task

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbie86

Hi all...I want to ask about,Can microcontroller convert signal from serial to parallel?And How?What type the microcontroller it is?

Hi all...I want to ask about,Can microcontroller convert signal from serial to parallel? What type the microcontroller it is?
Yes. I would say that just about any microcontroller (MCU) with enough pins can do that. PIC, AVR, Freescale, whatever...

I guess you would just write a program to receive serial and put the data in parallel on the pins of one of the MCU's ports. Depends on what you're looking for.

Last edited:
Although, depending on what you're actually trying to do, I'd say an MCU is way overkill. If its synchronous serial data, you could just use a shift register to convert to parallell.

Try being a little more specific.

Daniel

actually my project is i want to convert the data from USB Bluetooth Dongle (Serial mode) to parallel mode..as i want to transfer the data wirelessly to parallel printer .. i use KC-4201 as receiver that will be connected with PIC ..

The PIC16F877 is not suited for use as a USB host (what your bluetooth dongle probably expects) You'll need a serial bluetooth adapter.

In the past you could simply buy a Bluetooth to Centronics adapter.
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back