Serial to parallel output

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwt

Hi out there..
Currently i need a serial in parallel out circuit in order to operate my circuit behind that.

I need a circuit that is able to invert the incoming serial signal and remove the start and stop bits.

I am using a MAX232 and PC16550D UART to do so. The problem i face is how to program that UART.

Anyway, i come across this website.

https://www.qsl.net/yo5ofh/hobby circuits/computer_circuits.htm

I found something interesting about the first circuit.

**broken link removed**

Can this circuit operate as what i want?(invert serial signal, remove start and stop bits and parallel the incoming data) :?:
I need some confirmation.

Thanks!!! :lol:

The simplest way is probably to just use a PIC, assuming you already have a 5V supply this could be as simple as a PIC16F628 and a single resistor!.

One of my RS232 PIC tutorials does pretty well just what you want, they actually use a MAX232 for the RS232 interface, but a simple resistor can be used instead - particularly for just one way.

If you wanted to use a UART, the old 6402 was commonly used for these sorts of purposes - but it's considerably more complex than a PIC solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…