Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Serial port control problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

xp95

Hi everybody,
I am working in project which aim to control 80 device through serial port.
First ,I made a simulation by Proteus and virtual port
Second, I used Micro C for Pic programming
Third, C# 2008 for computer interface

The simulation Succeeded but when i try to apply it on 8 devices in reality its failed ( LEDs open randomize)

Can any on tell me the reason?

Here all project files

4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download Final.rar

How are the eight devices connected? Do you have eight RS232 devices sharing the same port? Are each of the eight devices identical but addressable? More info about your project would help here.

hi,
Pin 10 RESET on the CMOS 596 is floating when the RESET switch is open, should have a 10k pull up to +5V.

Pin 7 (Q7) and pin 9 (Q7') should not be connected together. They are both outputs and in this case are opposite polarity so they will always be fighting and trying to burn each other out.

An RS232 to RS422 converter will not work between the serial port of the PIC16F877A and an RS232 connector. The serial port on the PIC16F877A is not RS422, it is "TTL compatible" single ended logic levels. How did you connect the 4 wires of the RS422 converter to the 2 wires of the PIC16F877A serial port????

Pin 7 (Q7) and pin 9 (Q7') should not be connected together. They are both outputs and in this case are opposite polarity so they will always be fighting and trying to burn each other out.
sorry this is only mistake in draw

**broken link removed**

An RS232 to RS422 converter will not work between the serial port of the PIC16F877A and an RS232 connector. The serial port on the PIC16F877A is not RS422, it is "TTL compatible" single ended logic levels. How did you connect the 4 wires of the RS422 converter to the 2 wires of the PIC16F877A serial port????

May be the wrong in here i will try without conveter thank you

You must have a converter between the PIC and RS232, it will probably be called "TTL compatible to RS232". Examples are MAX232, MAX202, MC1488, MC1489. etc.

I just wanted to advise you that it will not be "RS422 to RS232".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back