Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Serial Or Parallel ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbie86

Hi all..I want to ask..How to know the mode when transfering the data from USB Bluetooth dongle to devices such as handphone? whether serial or parallel? tQ

Hi Newbie86,

if your dongle has at least 10 pins it's parallel, if they are less it must be serial.

Fairly obviously USB (Universal SERIAL Bus) is serial.

However, it's a VERY complicated system to use, particularly this way round - even most devices with USB capability won't do it.

Hi Boncuk..about 10 pins?Which part must to be considered?My dongle is just seem like this Usb Dongle .. Can anyone or boncuk mention it?

Of course a USB is a serial device as stated by Nigel Goodwin. A parallel device must have eight data lines. Considering supply voltage makes a total of ten pins minimum. :)

A parallel device must have eight data lines. Considering supply voltage makes a total of ten pins minimum. :)

Well, you can have 2 data lines and still have parallel connection :)
if you are sending more then 1 bit at a time, the connection is parallel, if sending only 1 bit at a time then it is serial. LCD in 4bit mode is still parallel connections even with only 4 data lines :)

Well, you can have 2 data lines and still have parallel connection :)
if you are sending more then 1 bit at a time, the connection is parallel, if sending only 1 bit at a time then it is serial. LCD in 4bit mode is still parallel connections even with only 4 data lines :)

I know. I call it "Contergan-Parallel" :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back