Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Serial EEPROM programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.
completenoob said:
Does anybody know of any serial EEPROM programmer with a
USB interface that is relatively inexpensive?

I'm looking for something similar to kitsrus' Kit 151:

https://www.kitsrus.com/jpg2/k151.jpg

except with a USB interface, rather than a parallel port interface.

A USB port one is most likely to require a processor on board, which does the USB interface and the actual programming. As such it's going to be considerably more expensive. You might try looking at PonyProg at , which has serial hardware, it 'might' work with a USB/serial converter.

Nigel Goodwin said:
A USB port one is most likely to require a processor on board, which does the USB interface and the actual programming. As such it's going to be considerably more expensive. You might try looking at PonyProg at , which has serial hardware, it 'might' work with a USB/serial converter.

Hi Nigel, what if I don't really need the programming ability of the serial EEPROM programmer,
and just want to get data off of some serial EEPROMs?

I basically need to build a simple logger circuit and then I need to get the data out.

Thank you!

completenoob said:
Hi Nigel, what if I don't really need the programming ability of the serial EEPROM programmer,
and just want to get data off of some serial EEPROMs?

I basically need to build a simple logger circuit and then I need to get the data out.

A datalogger would normally use a processor (like a PIC?), certainly if you are writing to serial EEPROM it's almost certain to. So you simply write routines in the software to dump the data from the EEPROM out to RS232.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back