Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Serial Communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kane2oo2

Hello
I am looking to build a device that interfaces with the serial port (rs232) to start with this will simply turn on/off LED's

i am using a 16F628.
I have built a visual basic program, and what this will do is send a 1 or a 0 and a pin number down the serial port.

What i want the pic to do is recieve this 1 or 0. Then set a pin on the pic to either a 1 or a 0 depending on what has been recieved.

the circuit i am using to interface the pic with the serial port is attached below.

i dont have any problems building the circuit or writing the VB program, the problem comes with the assembly. I simply dont know how to "read" the data into a variable and then read this variable to set the pin.

Could someone point me in the direction of a tutorial or please explain in detail what i would need to do.

Thanks Alot
Kane

Attachments

• 628uart.gif
    628uart.gif
    8.9 KB · Views: 888
thanks
i looked at the site before but couldnt seem to find it..got it now though :D

also could anyone reccomend a good pic tutorial book which goes in depth into this kind of stuff?

Kane

Hi.

I am doing something similar, I am trying to transmit from a program made in visual basic also but I am having problems with the program.

I noticed that you are working in Vb as well, and I would appreciate any help with this.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back