Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

serial communication using max232 with 89c51

Status
Not open for further replies.

maazbuzdar

hi everyone
i'm using an 89c51 with max232 for serial communication. prototype of my circuit on bread board was successful but now after implementing it on PCB(all the circuit and connections are same as i made on bred board) but now the data only reaches the Rx pin of MC and there is no output on port.... i've spent a week on debugging but couldn't find any flaw....plz help me
communication channel is serial port using Hyper terminal.

Last edited:
What do you mean the data only reaches the RX pin of MC there is not output on what port? I don't quiet understand your problem.

Sorry for incomplete info..... the data from max 232 successfully reaches the pin # 10 of 89c51 (Rx data pin) but it doesn't reach port 2 of 89c51 (as i've programmed 89c51 to take data output serially from port#2.0,2.1,2.2,2.3 respectively)...... PORT 2.0 to @.3 are acting as output pins...
I hope it's clear now......

waiting for help..

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back