Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Serial com problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

imhereithink

Hi guys,

what i am trying to do is send data from my PIC16F74 through a max233 chip and onto the serial port. The program on the PIC is working and is transmitting data out of TX. This is then sent into the T1in of the max chip. which is also working and sending out data. The problem i have is the setup of the 9Pin connector, i have set it up in two ways which are shown in the following diagram, and both ways do not work.

Any hints or tips would be great :)

Cheers, Greg

Attachments

• max233.JPG
    max233.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 366
For the most simple setup:

The one you have hooked into the main schematic is what you may want to use. Set flow control to NONE on the PC, you do not need the resistor from pin 7 to +5. All you need are 2, 3 and 5 on the DB9 connector.

You did not say what software you were using on the PC.

Search for post with the word loopback on getting RS232 working.

Nigel has info in his tutorials.

Thanks for the advice, i have set it up as you described and am now getting data through. I am using microsofts hyper terminal to read the data being sent in.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back