Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sequential circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

blowouter

is sequential logic technique used in design of digital projects , if there is example this will be great

All sorts of logic techniques are used in digital projects. The choice of what type of logic structure you use all depends on what you need to do.

Most systems larger than a few gates are mixtures of sequential logic and combinational logic.

A flip-flop is a good example of sequential logic, since it's current state is dependent on the state of it's control inputs prior to the clock pulse.

We used to use a 74HC164 (serial to parallel shift register) for sequential control. You tie the data in to '1', then when you release the reset, you start clocking a '1' through the device. An XOR tied to two of the ouptut pins gives you a '1' for one clock pulse if tied to adjacent pins. A series of these gives you a series of '1's to sequence control of logic. This was how I clocked my digital tachometer to read and display 4 bytes from a Look Up Table (ROM) without using a micro, as they were expensive back then. But, since microcontrollers have come down in price and are readily available, the only reason to sequence logic using a sequencer is for learning how to sequence logic with a sequencer.

thanks for replay
i get from your words that most designers use micro controllers cause of ease of changing and programming
and micro controllers contain digital gates inside it.
i want afamous digital projects that help get in design otherwise digital clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back