Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sensor to relay circuit and wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need an amplifier with a very high input impedance >100GΩ with a gain of something like 100 to convert the 30mV to 50mV output to 3V to 5V.

The CA3130 configured as a non-inverting amplifier should do.
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2010/03/fn817.pdf

Unfortunately it has a maximum supply voltage of 16V so it needs a regulator. The sensor you've linked to requires a 6V power supply. An LM317 could be used to power both the sensor and the op-amp.

Do you know the resistance of the relay coil or how much current it needs?

If it's >500Ω or uses less than 50mA the LM311 comparator could be used to drive the relay directly, if not, you need an additional booster transistor.

Last edited:
Thankyou for responding.

From what I understand (assume) i will need a 12/24v relay working at 300Ω?

would that make sense?

Forgive me.. I really am a learn as I go person (i try my best to learn as quick as possible as to not annoy anyone to much). Whatever information i will take to my local tech shop and get them to help decipher it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back