Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sensor to detect trans fat

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkw

Hei guys, im doing a project title about detection of trans fat using sensor. But i have no idea what type of sensor is suitable for this project. Anyone have any idea or suggestion??

Sceadwian, do you have any idea what should i study on to get started if im going to carry out this project?? i mean what concept or principle i should study in??

Read the Wikipedia article, all the theoretical information you need is in there. You'll need a broad spectrum IR light source and a photo diode along with the interferometer setup they show, although exact construction of that is a bit beyond what I know I'm sure the mirror distance is critical and linked to the frequencies used,more research on Google should help with the physical construction. It's definitely not a simple project.

The basic concept is pretty simple though, the mirrors are setup so one is moveable, the partial reflection from the moving mirror cancels out some of the light coming from the IR source so it bends the spectrum.The photo diode is measured as the mirror is moved and you'll get the spectral curve of the sample, you then use reference standards to calibrate the sensors readings, and walla a trans fatty acid sensor =) I guess it's a method used to measure trans fatty acid content of vegetable oils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back