Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sensor to detect Human

Status
Not open for further replies.

thiyagups

Hi, I would like to know if there are any sensor which can detect presence of human. This should not work based on motion sensor or temperature difference.

My requirement is that this sensor should detect presence of human in a small enclosure where other objects like metals, fabrics, plastics are present which are not stationary. Also the temperature in this enclosure will be variying so I will not be able to use the sensor which detects using temperature variation.

May be by detecing organic cells (again not sure if this type of sensor is available)

I heard about some skin detection sensors but not sure if it detects the presence of human, even if human is not moving.

Please let me know if there are any such sensors available.

Thanks
Thiyagu

There is a sensor that will detect humans and depending on the size will depend on the size of the sustenance you will have to feed it. The sensor is commonly called Rover or the bigger version Killer. Now this type of human sensor will require grooming and the removal of matter that will make the magic black smoke seem like a fresh breeze. Depending on the variety of human sensor you employ will dictate if you need to lock it up when other sensors come around in droves, or one will find many smaller human sensors will turn up without notice.

I'll give ya 3 guess's on the sensor I'm talking abouthttps://www.electro-tech-online.com/members/thiyagups.html thiyagups
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/members/thiyagups.html

Unless the ambient temperature varies sharply, and dramatically,over a very shrt period of time, PIR is still your best bet. PIR is used in all sorts of places where there are massive changes in temperature, (warehouses, houses, outdoors), without false triggering.
As was suggested prior, since you have mentioned that its a small box Capacative sensing will work, but I dont think that sensing something at a molecular level (cells) like you have asked about exists..its sems like a bit of overkill.
If it did, it may be so sensitive that its more prone to false triggering than PIR.

Last edited:
You could detect sounds (steps, breathing, speech, etc.) or carbon dioxide level. Or put fake boobs on a stand equipped with a touch sensor. You will catch all the males. You can figure out how to catch all the females (with a stroke sensor).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back