Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sensor input to light ouput

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baillieboy

Hi everyone,

I'm a student trying to create a lighting system which varies light intensity with distance. A ultrasonic sensor takes readings of distance and ouptus a voltage at between 0.1 (at a distance of 10cm) and 1.4 volts (at a distance of 100cm). I'm looking to alter this so the closer the user is the higher voltage.

I woulyud like to take the 1.4 volts and produce a voltage of about 5 volts and the 0.1 volts should produce about 12 volts. How on earth do I do this?

The lecturer helping me has vanished and I'm in deperate need of assistance can anyone direct me to where I can get this or help find a curciut to do it?

Cheers

hi,:)

Are you able to work with operational amplifiers.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back