Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Senior Project Ideas Please....

Status
Not open for further replies.

mycam524

Hi everyone

I'm a senior ece student. And I'm having a hard time conceptualizing an idea for a senior project. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks!!

mycam524 said:
Hi everyone

I'm a senior ece student. And I'm having a hard time conceptualizing an idea for a senior project. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks!!

I just googled "senior project ideas ece". It returned 183,000 pages. I'm sure you don't need me to copy the links here? ;)

Torben

How about a computer that creates senior project ideas?

What can it be? Can it be anything?

Torben said:
I just googled "senior project ideas ece". It returned 183,000 pages. I'm sure you don't need me to copy the links here? ;)

Torben

have already done that...

I just thought it would be more realistic and interesting when the idea comes from credible sources such as pros in this forum.

mycam524 said:
have already done that...

I just thought it would be more realistic and interesting when the idea comes from credible sources such as pros in this forum.

What are some interesting/appropriate things you've found? Some universities post lists of senior projects (like this one: **broken link removed** ). If you've already read some of those, is there something that you mostly liked except for X? Maybe someone can help you out with X. Not saying you should or need to copy a project and just change something, but maybe there's the seed of an idea you saw in something?

ECE in what country/region/school etc? A senior at one school might not have the same expectations put on them as one at another.

What are the requirements as presented to you by the instructor?

Without more background, people have to guess--then you will wind up with everything from "how about making 2 LEDs flash" through "make a medical ultrasound imager". :)

Anyway, here's something *I* think should exist: a self-sufficient, voice-controlled programmable coffeemaker, mostly self-sufficient (just has a hopper for beans). Myself, I'd probably think about using something like a TS-7400 to run it all.

Torben

Last edited by a moderator:
**broken link removed**

so sorry everyone if this post lacks information.

have no excuse...maybe i just failed to read the SOP thread for newbies..

well..

I'm from the Philippines..

my school??> University of Nueva Caceres

our professor requires us to make a prototype or innovations using MCUs, sensors, dc motors and other small-scale devices.

To Torben:

"That idea of yours sound good... Thanks!!

I'll take it into consideration."

By the way.... Its a group effort compose of four members..

maybe my group mates and i will deliberate on this..

Thanks anyway!

Here's one idea (some selfish motivation here):

Loop antennas are very helpful in MW and HF reception. A "loop" can be a coil of wire on a ferrite core, such as those found in a simple AM broadcast radio. It can also be a loop of wire on a frame, possibly 0.5 meters or so on a side. The loop is rotated for best reception. Best reception can be strongest signal or the elimination of a strong signal to allow reception of a weaker signal. The loop can also be tuned to the frequency of interest for better performance.

What you might do is develop a controller that would have a memory - that would position the loop based on some input that you'd provide - a switch, keypad, etc. You could take this quite far - possibly interfacing the receiver so that the loop is auto-tuned.

This note barely touches the surface but it seems a project like this could be kept simple or increased in complexity. The idea is "selfish" in the sense that this would be something I might do someday. If you do it first then share - saves me some work.

Build a propeller clock. It uses a MCU, motor, sensors and it's both mechanical and electronic. To complicate the system you can use a brushless motor salvaged from an old hard drive more sensors here, magnetic coupled power supply and to complicate even more, use a remote control to work the thing. :eek: :rolleyes: :)

**broken link removed** is an audio frequency "chirp" sonar which doesn't require very many parts apart from a standard PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back