Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Senior prank at highschool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiden1015

I know how to get access of the PA system with a phone in the office. my goal is to play music on the last day durring the last period. so my original idea was to take a cordless phone have the base hidden in the office and remove the mic in the phone to solder in leads for a 3.5mm stereo jack to my mp3 player. will this work or do i need to build my own circuits to send and recieve a RF signal. I'm hoping to keep the costs minimal because a electrical engeneering degree won't be cheap to pay for and i'm only making minimum wage.

The output level from an MP3 player is about 22 times higher than the mic level on a phone so the phone's circuit will be extremely overloaded. It won't be balanced properly so it will just buzz and hum anyway.

Why not do something useful?

better to simply use acheap MP3 player with timer, at least you don't have to return to the scene of the crime to retrieve the phone

we were gonna buy a cheap $10 cordless phone. i don't need long range because i'll be within 30 feet of the office

audioguru said:
The output level from an MP3 player is about 22 times higher than the mic level on a phone so the phone's circuit will be extremely overloaded. It won't be balanced properly so it will just buzz and hum anyway.

Why not do something useful?

There are many other way's to get there attention use your gift of imagination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back