Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sending Pic Data to a serial printer (receipt printer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

1Steveo

I have the Pic working with windows "Hyper Term." . But I Cannot Get a Receipt printer to do anything using a Pic micro.
Anyone know What data lines I need to enable are pulse (ex RTS, Cts, Dtr pins). Any suggestion ANYONE!

1Steveo said:
I have the Pic working with windows "Hyper Term." . But I Cannot Get a Receipt printer to do anything using a Pic micro.
Anyone know What data lines I need to enable are pulse (ex RTS, Cts, Dtr pins). Any suggestion ANYONE!

The printer will almost certainly use hardware handshaking, the ones going from the PC to the printer are DTR and RTS, those from the printer to the PC are DSR and CTS.

You might check the hardware for my PIC RS232 tutorial?, I manually link the handshake lines on the D connector.

Something else to be aware of is the fact that both your pic circuit and the receipt printer are both wired to connect to a PC. This means that they both expect to receive data on pin 3 and transmit on pin 2. If you connect the pic circuit to the printer then you end up with TX to TX and RX to RX. The solution is to have a cable that swaps pins 2 and 3 or an easier way is to swap them on your pic circuit.

HTH

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back