Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sending data through GPRS on a static IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

pd123

I am trying to send data through GPRS/GSM modem which has SIM900 modem module. I have the sim card of vodafone. The commands I am giving through the Hyper Terminal are
at+cipshut
at+cgatt=1
at+cgdcont=1,"IP","portalnmms"
at+cstt="portalnmms","",""
at+ciicr
at+cifsr
at+cipstart="TCP","xx.xxx.xxx.xxx","xxxx"
at+cipstatus
at+cipsend
The problem I am facing is that the response to the commands at+cgdcont and at+cipstart is ERROR.
Can anyone tell me the exact commands for SIM900?

Capitalization was indeed a problem with the APN.
After I wrote AT+CIPSEND I did get i prompt '>'. after typing some data I pressed cntrl+z. I got the response 'Send ok'. Now I have purchased a static IP on a VPS. With these commands I know I have made a TCP packet of my data. How do I find this data on the other end? Is there any way I can send my data in HTML format?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back