Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

seminar topic please.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

abilash

hello, i am a final year BE student in Electronics and communication.. i am required to give a seminar... i am interested in topics such as wi-fi, blue ray, wimax... please suggest me any new technology or any innovative thing which i can choose for my seminar...

thanking you....
wit regards...

Strange request... This is likely something you would need to figure out yourself, since you'll being giving a presentation on something you are knowledgable in. There are so many sites on the web that headline new technologies. Manufacturer sites usually have list of new and developing products, sometimes free samples and developement kits. Best thing would be to hit the search engines and check what's new in your field of interest, something should catch your attention. After settling on a topic, come back here, post it. Maybe somebody has a similar interest, saw related resources, or has actually been working to develope a project in that area.
After you get started, you might get some help putting together your presentation, circuits for demostration, ect...

Not much total strangers can do to help, we don't know your course work experience, don't what you are required to include in your seminar.

Maybe this is a snide comment but if you are interested in "wi-fi, blue ray, wimax...", it seems to me you are likely to already have a topic.

sir, our seminar is not connected to any project work. all we need to do is take up a good topic.... give a lecture about it for half an hour.... i am interested in matters such as wi-fi, wimax, xmax or 3G.. new technology related things... i wuld like to know which is a good one and widely used so that i can take it as my seminar topic...

thanking you..

mr.philba.... yes i have an idea of doing that.... i woild like to know if there are any new things other than that..... if so please suggest me.....

What you pick matters less then how much work you put into getting ready for the presentation.

You need to know your topic above and beyond what you actually present. This will enable you to answer question and make a generally good showing.

On the other hand if you come in with a presentation and no real understanding of the topic....

i agree sir.... but first step is selecting a good one.... i am very much confident that once i get a good topic.... i will work on it to learn it and prepare the slides.... so please suggest me any good titles of new technology....

thanxx

Let me take another try at this.

A fair number of students post here looking for help. We are glad to help students who have circuit or programming trouble. We have all been there. When students come here asking us to do their work for them we get a bit testy.

You need to do your own research to pick your topic, that is part of your assignment. If it was not the instructor would have provided you with one.

This is a golden opportunity to surf the web and find out what is out there.

A droid does as it is told.
An engineer figures out what to do.
Do you want to be an engineer or a droid ?

After researching various topics feel free to ask questions about them if needed.

I still don't understand what you want from us. How could I do more than just guess at topics. You gave some examples, but doesn't seem like you have any interest in choosing from those.

Seminars/lectures are usually given by people with some expertise in the topic, so picking something you haven't learned seems odd to me. Still think it would be more productive using a search engine, like Google.com to find what you are looking for. Out of the hundreds of thousands of hits relating to comunication technology, you should find something to talk about for 30 minutes.

Here, we can only guess at what you want or need, most of the responses will likely be deemed worthless by you (really makes feel good about wasting the time typing). There will be some posts that are a little nasty (thankfully, they have kept it civil so far).

I think most people here have been in the situation to give a presentation, but not having a specific topic assigned. Ultimately, we rely on what we know best.

Go to **broken link removed** and look at articles in current and archived issues. They frequently have articles on new technology, with links to more information.

Possibly our civility has been interpreted as weakness by the OP. If that is the case then let me say directly that I have no suggestions for you and I think it is highly unlikely that anyone else on this forum is likely to have a suggestion. That being the case you should use whatever resources you have at your disposal and do your own work. You're the one that needs the grade, not us. You have to pick something that interests you and we are in no position to know what that might be.

abilash You better give a lecture about "What Is Electronics?" before going to give a lecture about "wi-fi, blue ray, 3G, wimax... ".

I dont think your degree gave you a such an advanced knowledge about this new things.The degree Its all about basic components & some small circuits & some small intoduction about new technology.

There is no end in this Advanced Technology...& think if you dont have the internet then how you are going to gather information for your lecture.You better show what you gain from your Degree.

You better choose the topic as "What Is Electronics?"

Last edited:
One research technique is to ask people who are knowledgeable in the field. I won't do his seminar for him, but I don't mind pointing him to resources that he might not be aware of. I've already suggested one free trade journal (which is also online). Another one is Electronic Design magazine - online also.

SIR,
The culture is very different over there, Sir.
Maybe he should ask for help in and from his own country, sir.
OK, sir?

Isn't college more about learning how to gain knowledge, rather than stuffing your head with knowledge? By the time you complete your course, hasn't the technology shifted enough, that a good portion of what you learned is of little use. Do you keep taking classes, or get the new information on your own?

I still don't get what the OP really wants. He says he wants ideas but then tosses out what he is interested in.

So, to put it simply - take one of those topics and dig in. No mystery here, just crack the books (or perhaps I should say Google your butt off). When you have an understanding of the topic, you are ready to give the seminar.

Or perhaps you should do a seminar on "How to get information in engineering".

How about a seminar on how to withstand the withering scorn and copius opprobrium heaped upon those who are apparently unwilling to expend even a soupcon of effort.

There's a three dictionary word sentence for you language buffs!

sir, i have decided to give a seminar on wimax..... i am getting lol of info about it... i want to know what is the appllications of it.... can you please help me on that......

You must get the information from the internet, as an engineer you will have to learn to start hunting for data either on the net or in a library.

I suggest you bite the bullet and look for the information yourself.

thanks
arunb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back