Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sega Ic Data Sheet Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not doing it, I have principles... Like Blue said, it is a custom chip.

it cant be. because it Because It Came from Sega Genesis

Which is no longer made.

Why bother?

You can get an emulator for your PC (try Gens or Gens+ ) and download the games from bittorrent site such as piratebay?

What's with the negative reputation?

My post was supposed to be helpful, if it wasn't then you should've had the guts to tell me why you didn't find it helpful, on the open forum.

There's no point in trying to repair an old Megadrive/Genesis.

As I said above, there are much better solutions.

A quick Google finds an emulator which can play 99% of Megadrive games perfectly. I'm not going to show you where to download th games from because it's against the forum rules.
The Emulator Zone - Gens

Last edited:
Someone gave me negative on this post as well, I was just trying to make a joke, but the post I responded to was edited so now my post makes no sense.

Thanks for the support.

I'm not all that bothered about reputation, it's just a little annoying when noobies go handing out negatives because they don't like what they hear.

EDIT:

One thing about the reputation system is that if someone with more green squares gives feedback, they add or deduct more points than someone with less green squares or someone with a red square. This means that it's not how many people that you help that determines your reputation but who you help. Unfortunately this distorts things so someone who is helps loads of newbies will get less green squares than someone who is less helpful but who has pleased a few established members who already have loads of green squares - I know that there are people here who are more helpful than me but who have less green squares to their name.

Now I've changed my view: karma is important to me, but not the number of green squares. I like it when someone I've helped gives me positive feedback but I don't care how many brownie points it gives me. I dislike it when I get negative but it depends on the reason: if it's a newbie who didn't like what I've said, it's annoying but I get over it; it it's a more established member (regardless of how many green squares they have), I take it more seriously, especially if I know I've been a knob.

Last edited:
The Sega Mega Drive (Genesis) is a very old console, according to Wikipedia, was discontinued back in 1995 - that's 15 years ago.
Mega Drive - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sega no longer make it nor do they make any of the parts, in fact they've ceased making games consoles altogether.

Some of the parts are standard, for example the Motorola 68000, but parts with the Sega logo on will be proprietary and no longer made.

If it's broken, buy a second hand console from a charity shop or ebay, or download an emulator as I said before.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back