Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Seeking Variable Power Supply Project w/meter(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

marksinga

I've searched a TON for a "bench style" variable power supply project to build myself. Would prefer a voltage range from 0 to 25-30 volts with a + and - supply capability.

Also looking for digital voltmeter readout of both + and - supplies. Prefer everything be able to fit in the same bench type chassis AND have room/support for additional meters, i.e. digital capacitance meter, etc.

It is not necessary for all of this to be included in ONE project but it would be nice. If someone has a recommendation for such a project or several projects that would work well together I would certainly appreciate your input/feedback/suggestions.

Thank you.

Mark

Ive bult my bench power supply using a transformer (which I got from scrap) having a rating of 30V 5Amp.
I used an LM 317 as the variable voltage regulator. Although I could access not more than 1.5Amp of current the purpose is fulfilled. Ckt can be obtained from any website. Again instead of building a voltmeter and capacitor meter seperately I have simply purchased a China made DMM with all these facilities. The DMM cost me around 4 dollars (200 rupees) and i rewired the ckt by removing the chasis of the multimeter into the main chasis of my bench top power supply.

Look here:

**broken link removed**

Also explore his entire web site for lots of other info.

**broken link removed**

In case you require a high current rated power supply you can use the LM 338K as a voltage regulator which can handle 5Amp current and has a protection shutdown of 30 Watts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back