Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Seeking square law torroid core

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyback

Hi,
We are seeking a "square law" ferrite torroid to use as a fluxgate sensor for imbalance current detection. For 50Hz mains electricity.
No manufacturer seems to make these.
I tried Far-rite, Mag-inc, Ferroxcube and TDK, but no joy. Plenty of high permeability (eg 5000), but no "square law".
We need OD= >35mm, ID = >15mm
Please Do you know of any?

Hi Flyback,

Many years ago I did some work for PNI studying the earth's magnetic fields. They used a square flux core. I don't find then in my junk core pile. I will look more.
I also have some "mag amps" from coilcraft. No longer being make. I do have some power cores built to sharply saturate. magnetic amplifier: coilcraft has removed all information they had.

Not much help.

Thanks, is "nanocrystalline" possibly a "square law" core (some versions of it)? I believe ferrite cant be square law?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back