Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Seeking Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidH92

Hi there guys, I hope you're well and thank you for your time reading and responding to this post.

I am just a dabbler, but as an ex electrician I thoroughly enjoy this new (to me) world of electronics.

I am trying to put together a rechargable power supply for some basic smart glasses,
My plan was to wire two 3.7v Li-Po in series for a 7.4v supply (my main circuit board is a 5v Nano board)

I already own some 5v lithium 1A TP4056 charging circuit boards. Micro USB input which provide 4.2V overvoltage protection

If I have a 7.4v 2S LI-PO, what can I use to recharge these batteries?

Hi,
charging lithium cells in series gets complicated, as they must have a balance controller and over/under voltage protection system.

I'd suggest using a single cell (or two in parallel) so they can charge using a board such as you have, and use a little boost regulator to provide the 5V for the MCU board - eg. something like one of these:

Jenkins, thank you for your response,

So this is a step up module I could install between a 3.7v LiPo battery and the 5v nano controlboard? It would then step up my voltage to 5v?

So this is a step up module I could install between a 3.7v LiPo battery and the 5v nano controlboard? It would then step up my voltage to 5v?
Yes, exactly. There are a lot of different types as it is quite a common requirement, with so many things using a lithium cell for power.

You could also get the electronic module for a "power bank" type unit, which should give you both charge and 5V step-up in a single module.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back