Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

See4ed Studio DSO quad pocket 2 channel storage scope $199

Status
Not open for further replies.

mramos1

Does anyone have one of these units?

**broken link removed**

The manual is a zip file on the page.

Looking for some input. I know someone with a DSO Nano and they like it, it was $89.

And I know it will not replace my real scopes, but you can take it with you in your pocket. The price ($199 US) is on the edge for me if it's junk. If it was $50, just give it away..

The seed studio software for the DSO Nano is on the poor side. I would want to hear what people are saying about the quad software.

This has a lot better sample rate and dual channels, and that got me looking. I was hoping better software, but I can live with that.

But I do not see much out there. Looks like they are shipping a batch on the 15th. So I guess I will wait and see.

Somewhere I thought I saw something about open source or some like that. Not that I want to re-design the interface.

Thanks for check it out 3v0 and your input.

Last edited:
I found this video, old. Getting closer to pulling the trigger (no pun).

YouTube - DSO Quad or miniDSO-203 Introduction

Then found this and I have a Sprint HTC EVO android phone with 4.3" screen.

YouTube - Android Bluetooth Oscilloscope (turn your sound down)

So gonna have to look at bluetooth specs now (looked, they are not good). I have another bluetooth app for my phone called torque I use in my car daily to hyper mile (OBD2 and monitor) and it works great.

Soon I think my EVO phone will be everything I need. Camera, Recorder, Audio, Calendar, email, test, OBD2, WWW, voice recognition (that works). Oh and it makes phone calls too.

Last edited:
Grant it, it is in the Member Lounge not the electronics area.. I am sort of shocked others have not chimed in on this neat little unit. Another link if I did not post this one.

DSO QUAD Will be Shipping March 28 (or so)

Maybe Nigel can move it for me. Anyway, I am going to order one. over 10MHZ and $200 and pocket sized.

10 board revisions before they shipped a single unit. Think I would wait for awhile before pulling the trigger. But I do like these new open source products, and I'd like to play with a few, if there is a decent dev envrionment. (I"m not an embedded developer, and I need something simple.)

Last edited:
10 board revisions before they shipped a single unit. Think I would wait for awhile before pulling the trigger. But I do like these new open source products, and I'd like to play with a few, if there is a decent dev envrionment. (I"m not an embedded developer, and I need something simple.)

Yea, that is a lot of mods for sure. Guess I'll wait a but. Not sure if they are even shipping yet. Website stated the 15th.

Mramos:
This thing is very impressive (price/feature performance), this unit will make some manufacturers take note!
Any idea of the expected battery life between recharges?
I presume that the sinewave out is a simulated 8-bit signal.
I would like to see a slot for a micro SD card and the capacity to display (via the USB) on a computer monitor.
Must get one when the one who holds the purse isn't looking!
Cheers, E

it is 8-bit vertical. Did not see any times on the battery. USB will be OK for me. Long as mini or micro.

I think I will hold a bit like Brownout mentioned then get one. But looks like they have all the hardware bug out. Read they had an overclocked ADC or something and could get samples at 144

There's a review of a pre-production model of the Quad, here:
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back