Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Searching for multiple terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

carbonzit

This site's search function seems less than useful. Either that, or I'm not getting how to use it properly.

I'm trying to find LTSpice potentiometer models, so I entered the search terms

ltspice potentiometer

The results i got had either "ltspice" or "potentiometer" in them, but not both, which is what I'm after.

Is this the way search is supposed to work here (implied OR of any search terms)? I couldn't find any way to change this behavior (specify AND, for example). Doesn't seem like a very good way to find stuff.

hi cz,
Look here for all LTspice models etc, including the pots. Look under 'Files'
**broken link removed**

You may have to join, but its an invaluable site for LTspice info.

Last edited:
Thanks, but I'm not about to join any Yahoo! groups, thank you very much. I've seen this group--it pops up all over the place when one searches for LTSpice models.

So what about my question about how search works?

I downloaded somebody's pot model (yours?), but when I try to run my simulation, LTSpice complains about an "unknown subcircuit". I'm all screwed up here, between the .asc, .mod and .sub files. Since we're on the topic (I can post something in the proper forum later), any good documentation out there that explains simply, without having to wade through 250 pages of PDF, what these files do and how to edit them?

hi
The search engine is not that good.

Unzip this attachment to your desktop and run the asc file from there.

When it works, move it it into the LTS sub folders as per the extension names.

Attachments

• Potentiometer_test_step2a.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 240
Just wondering if you have any plans to improve your search function. I know you can come in from outside with Google, but it's really nicer to have a smart search function, especially on a site like this with such a high information density.

Hi carbonzit,

Good news, I did a bit of research and have been able to add the boolean search functions such as AND, OR, and NOT. This is quite a bit more resource intensive on the server so we'll have to watch it for a while but at this stage its working well.

I hope that helps :)

Regards,
EM

Thanks; I just tried it and it works.

But of course nobody will use it if they don't know that capability exists. Do you think you could add some text to the search dialog telling people that they can use these Boolean terms to modify their search?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back