Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Searching for header connectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

billygotee

Hi,

I'd like to connect to seemingly common header pins. The separation is .1", and the pins are generally laid out to form a 1 or 2 row matrix. I've seen the male connector pins protruding from several boards (for instance, **broken link removed** has two sets of them).

If you've hooked up the audio wires from the front of a computer case to the audio contacts on a motherboard, it looks like a single wire with a single female header connector on the end that I can slide over the pins--the other end of the wire is to be stripped and inserted into a breadboard or soldered to perf board.

I know these are intended to go with a flat-flex cable receptacle housing assembly, but for prototyping purposes it will be a lot easier to be able to just do each wire one at a time. Thanks in advance!

-Brandon Arnold

KK and C-grid :)

I figured it out. . .the header pins are Molex KK and the crimp connector housings are Molex C-Grid.

Molex pins are larger then the standard header pins you show in the picture. You can get correct shells and crimp connectors to fit these standard pin.

But a single row female Molex will fit over the the standard header pins. I would expect the double to work too but have not tried it.

The top three pins with the white plastic look like Molex KK series connector to me. The rest look like standard .1" pitch headers.

Hey, thanks gentlemen. I had already ordered the Molex connectors and housings--they worked fine, though. It did take me a moment to figure out I was stripping the wires too far back and the strands were getting in the way of the pins! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back