Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SD card to pic ( speed question )

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonL220

i want to connect a PIC18F4450 to and sd card, but i'm wondering what speed the data will come from a card clocked at 48Mhz with a date rate of 25 MB/s.
How many nanoseconds will a high/low pulse last?
Does data on the command line get sent at the same speed?

thanks

As nobody has attempted an answer yet, I thought I would give you my best guess.

I guess it would be around 25,000,000 bits per second. I'm also guessing that a high/low pulse will last around 10^9/25,000,000/2 nS or 20nS.

Mike.

thanks that was around the value i was thinking just wonder if anyone knew, back to the datasheet have to take a much closer look at the timing diagrams.

thanks Pommie

could someone look at page 29 of this **broken link removed** and try an work out the pulse time for input and output?

i got output = 36ns and input = 20ns

could someone check this please?

thanks

Once again, basic makes life easy for everyone, check out the following link for an addon in Proton+ made by Steven Wright, of course you need the full version of Proton to use it, but hey, a SD card interface with a few commands that generates FAT16 files so any PC can read them - im there

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back