Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SD Card read write technic

Status
Not open for further replies.

micropad

Dear All,

I have a SD card that is using in the photocopy machine
when we insert the the SD cart to photocopy machine, printing and scanner functions are activated
If removed the SD card from the photocopy machine, then we can only make photocopying

So I removed the original SD cad from the photocopy machine and read the SD card using locally available SD card reader and past to the locally purchased SD card and put the photocopy machine and it was field.

Please advice what should be the reason for above scenario
What are the theory behind that
Thanks in advance

So I removed the original SD cad from the photocopy machine and read the SD card using locally available SD card reader and past to the locally purchased SD card and put the photocopy machine and it was field

Can you re-phrase this... It makes no sense to me...

Dear Rogers Thanks for the reply

I removed SD card from the photocopy machine ( This is come with photocopy machine when we purchased ) from hare I called this SD card original SD card.

1.So I red original SD card data using locally purchase SD car reader.
2.I purchased SD card which is locally available,
3.Then I copied data red from Original SD card to new SD card which is locally purchased
4.Then I insert new SD card to photocopy machine.
It does not working

Please advice
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
First... what size SD card did you replace... like for like... A 2 gig card and a 4 gig card are different interface.

If they are the same check for partitions... Some manufactures have a special RAW data partition for internal usage.. If you have a 2 gig card but only reads 1 gig on the PC.

Lastly Some cards come formatted with fat32... Some machines will not work with the card unless it isformatted with fat16 or just fat..

Dear Rogers Thanks for the reply

I used same type and same size of SD card
Original SD card fat32 and new card we formatted fat32

check for partitions

Please advice how may I check partitions

some time it may have special partitions with special firmware to activate printer scanner

This SD card used to activate Printer scanner options

Please advice
Thanks in advance

Please advice how may I check partitions

Insert the card into a pc and look at the available space... If you have about 1.94gb available then there is only one partition... You need to look elsewhere for the issue... Some cards are just not compatible..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back