Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SD card interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

jremote

I am a new user and will help in this forum as much as possible.

My project:

I have a SD(secure digital) card that I R/W with Pic16f877A. The SD card operates on 3.3 v but I need the Pic to run at 5v. I need an IC that I can interface to the SD card for 3.3V data. (resistors are not acceptable).

Anyone ?

jremote said:
I am a new user and will help in this forum as much as possible.

My project:

I have a SD(secure digital) card that I R/W with Pic16f877A. The SD card operates on 3.3 v but I need the Pic to run at 5v. I need an IC that I can interface to the SD card for 3.3V data. (resistors are not acceptable).

Why aren't resistors acceptable?.

Res

They will work but I like to keep my design as accurate as possible. there is a small margin of error with load resistors. I would rather get the digital 3.3 volts. I think maxum makes a chip but I fail to find one. The SD card I am useing has specs that allow 5v operation but some on the market require Max 3.3v I dont have control on the end user's choice of cards.

Thanks for your replay.

Jerry

res

I have decided to proceed with Res. I calc a 100 omh / 150 ohm to get me within 3v tolerance. The DO should still trigger the Pic at 3.3 v ? Does anyone have a good schematic ?

Re: res

jremote said:
I have decided to proceed with Res. I calc a 100 omh / 150 ohm to get me within 3v tolerance. The DO should still trigger the Pic at 3.3 v ? Does anyone have a good schematic ?

From the 3.3V to the PIC requires nothing, a PIC will quite happily accept 3.3V logic levels to it's inputs. From the PIC to the 3.3V simply requires a potential divider, consisting of two resistors in the ratio 50/33, there's not really any schematic required?.

card

I am stumped I cannot get the code to work.

I set up the SPI , Initialize card with 80 clock ticks and followed the advice of the pros. I think I will try AT45DB041 chip.

I know this is an old post, but for anybody who happens to have the same question: You need to use a voltage translator such as MAX3002 or ADG3308. You should be able to get that from mouser or digikey.

Melissa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back