Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sd card camera ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

curry87

Looking to build a motion activated camera project but am finding it hard to find a suitable camera that is easy to interface with a pic without expensive smt equipment with just a average joe soldering iron.Ive tried interfacing with a cheap Chinese 808 camera
(https://chucklohr.com/808/) to just control the record button etc but the connections are too small and fiddly.Wouldn't want to spend any more than $20 - $30 any suggestions ? i only want to externally control the record button nothing fancy just has to be sd card capable and not overly fiddly to solder wires to the record switch.

thanks.

Last edited:
if i were to do this i think a simple route would be to just get a camera with sd in it, most do now, after that its just a matter of hacking the trigger, where i would simply drop a small relay or any form of coupling across the record button, after that you just need to do a one-shot across the relay when the motion senses,

another option would be to get a computer with SD, a webcam, and some motion software.

Yeah thats what i was going to do.The difficult thing is finding a digital camera with sd card capability that is easy not fiddly to hack to control the record button ie solder wires to the button to start/stop recording etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back