Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SCUBA Equipmet Show-Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frosty_47

Hello to all the divers out there,

I would like share my very first scuba gear. Today I purchased first stage Scubapro MK17 first stage regulator with A700 second stage and G250V as a back-up regulator ($999 total). I really wanted a pimped out regulator so the A700 seems to be just that. If you take a look at scubapro A700 you will immediately see that its the kind of reg that 50 Cent would want if he decided to go scuba diving. I also wanted a no compromise back-up regulator (not those disgusting-yellow "octopus" kind) so the G250V looked really good (probably better than most primaries out there XD ). I got lucky with the depth and pressure gauge as I found a large analog one that shows depth in feet and meters, it shows pressures in PSI and BARS, and has a compass on the back (Aqua Lung brand, bought it for $249). I also purchased a 3/2mm wet suit along with gloves and boots. The boots have large clearance so I am wondering if I should exchange them for smaller size. The boots will be worn with Scubpro Seawing Nova fins. Anyways, enough of me bragging about my equipment. I can use some advice on how to take care of all this gear, I mean I really want it to last as I cannot afford such purchases for anytime soon.

Thanks

**broken link removed**
Scubapro A700

**broken link removed**
Scubapro G250V

**broken link removed**
Scubapro Seawing Nova Fins

Last edited:
Best advice I can give is to make sure you thoroughly wash you gear with lots of fresh water after each trip. Have your gear inspected by a shop once a year for rubber damage. I still have an old manual style BC :)

Do not ever store it without rinsing in fresh water after use.
Keep out of direct sunlight.
Do not coil the hoses.
Keep it serviced.
Do not drag it through the sand, amazing what I see people do with these expensive sets.

Do not drag it through the sand, amazing what I see people do with these expensive sets.

When my daughter did her PADI, it was drummed in NEVER to stand the tank up, but always lay it down - but on her open water dives the chief instructor/examiner Mike stood his tank up once :p

Unfortunately I was there with a digital camera, and took a photo - which I printed out on A3 and presented to his dive shop :D

When my daughter did her PADI, it was drummed in NEVER to stand the tank up, but always lay it down - but on her open water dives the chief instructor/examiner Mike stood his tank up once :p

Unfortunately I was there with a digital camera, and took a photo - which I printed out on A3 and presented to his dive shop :D

Yeah, A full tank falling over could make a nice missile if the valve broke off.

Here's a picture I posted previously, it's me and Melissa in the pool - I was on a test dive, and Melissa was already qualified.

I never got to do my PADI, because I don't swim well enough - the actual SCUBA was no problem, and I swam more that session than ever in my life. But without the SCUBA gear I expend too much effort just staying on the surface - I can't just lie there and float like most people, I sink just below the surface. Once you remove the drowning problem with a SCUBA tank, swimming was easy :p

Attachments

• Nigel_Melissa_Scuba.jpg
    Nigel_Melissa_Scuba.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 229
That's some top-flight SCUBA gear. I use a Beuchat regulator, which is a lessor known, but high performance unit. I began diving when I lived in California some years ago. The kelp forests were only a short swim from the beach. Here in Alabama, we only have rock quarries to dive in. Pretty boring in comparason.

Thanks, I will definitely wash all my equipment with fresh water (maybe even reverse osmosis water, but I doubt I can get that in Cuba :( ). When I was SCUBA diving in Cuba, I was shocked how badly the instructors handled their own gear, they allowed the Alternate air source to drag behind them and hit every rock and coral the entire way. I never witnessed the instructors rinsing their regs with fresh water either. Their regulators did not work half the time, I ended up using the octopus as the primary did not work. I will definatly clip my spare reg and gauge console to the BCD to keep them from hitting the sea floor.

Last edited:
When my daughter did her PADI, it was drummed in NEVER to stand the tank up, but always lay it down - but on her open water dives the chief instructor/examiner Mike stood his tank up once

Unfortunately I was there with a digital camera, and took a photo - which I printed out on A3 and presented to his dive shop

If I had that picture in my possession, I would have defiantly black mailed him, at least for the price of the PADI open water certification XD

Last edited:
If I had that picture in my possession, I would have defiantly black mailed him, at least for the price of the PADI open water certification XD

Blackmailing the guy who's providing your SCUBA gear? - doesn't sound a very clever idea :p

He had enough problems anyway shortly afterwards, as his wife (and business partner) divorced him - it got messy all round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back