Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

screen flickering

Status
Not open for further replies.

4electros

My problem is that my screen always flickers on the same PC...even though i've tried much to change the screen but the problem is the same "flickering".

I changed the refresh rate or actually the "frequency", i've made it 85 Hertz .That helped a little but there's still some flickers from time to time.

what could it be?
thanks

Probably the power supply, is your PC in a location subject to a large amount of vibration, like a vehicle or factory?

Hero999 said:
Probably the power supply, is your PC in a location subject to a large amount of vibration, like a vehicle or factory?

Hmmm..someone has mentioned me to a power supply problem and also to the age of the screen itself so if it were old, that would be normal to have some filckers.
Anyway concerning power, could it be from the powersupply itlself which is located in the case of PC , or the main electrical power supply?!
My screen isn't subjected to vibration at all,it's on the table.

Just to be clear - is your monitor plugged directly into the mains, or does it run through the PC's power supply? If the monitor draws power through the PC, chances are the PC's PSU is damaged. This would be consistent with the freezing and voltage issues you noted in another thread.

i only see one solution.

its the video adapter, or you may call it display adapter (VGA card, etc,..) it need to be changed. (you may try to switch its place on the mother board.. however i dont expact this to solve the problem)

am i wrong?

Perhapps your eye are very good at seeing fast chainging things. Try changing the refresh rate to 100Hz

monitor frequency cannot be changed to whatever value you like... The monitor nees to support it...

The various causes of flicker on my screen are
1. If I keep my 60Hz transformer nearby.
2. If a cell Phone is ringing...

However, there is no interference from the nearby laser printer which is less then 6inches away from the monitor. Did you try the screen with other computers? Try shifting the location of your computer away and switching off devices near by.

Did you try another mother board? :D

its realy a mistery! i am feeling there is some damaged circuitry somewhere..

4electros said:
I've tried that , but the same :D

No, but I have scanner printer LG.Does that make sense anyway :)

YES! lazer priters can cause serious flickering in computer screens!! beleive me! it happened to me! :D

ikalogic said:
YES! lazer priters can cause serious flickering in computer screens!! beleive me! it happened to me! :D

Anyway my scanner printer is currently not in work,i didn't plugged it to a pc.
It's still probably that the problem is a motherboard problem,hmmm i don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back