Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SCR + Transformer Electronic Controlling

Status
Not open for further replies.

saarcgsm

Hi,
Some body can provide me circuit diagram for SCR+ Transformer with electronics controlling 12v battery charger batter long battery life & charging even at low voltage 140vAC.
(Explain one SCR BTA12 possible operate optocuppler and IC like LM324 circuit control input 220vac output 140vac transformer battery full charge then cut off charge)

Hi,
Some body can provide me circuit diagram for SCR+ Transformer with electronics controlling 12v battery charger batter long battery life & charging even at low voltage 140vAC.
(Explain one SCR BTA12 possible operate optocuppler and IC like LM324 circuit control input 220vac output 140vac transformer battery full charge then cut off charge)

Can you rephrase the question and explane what you want

the way it's written now, doesn't make sense and with a lot of good will you can go several direction to give an answer

Robert-Jan

I need to 220vac SCR controlling 140vac to charging battery so main grade volts up down charging volts no hamper and electronics controlling for over charge control Battery full charge then cut off charging?

Attachments

• transformer.pdf
    20.8 KB · Views: 784
I need to 220vac SCR controlling 140vac to charging battery so main grade volts up down charging volts no hamper and electronics controlling for over charge control Battery full charge then cut off charging?

OK still a lot of ???? for me in your request

You want to charge batterys and when they reach the full level (voltage level) you want to swich it off automaticaly

What kind of battery do you have???? and how big (capacity wise)

in the posted schematic i see only a transformer symbole

your suply is (I asume 220V) what is it that you want to do with 140V

You do know that you have to charge a battery with a DC power source or not ??

140V for charging can only be done if you have 10 batterys conected in series (and of cause AC is not posible)

please elaborate a bit more ??

Robert-Jan

Thanks Robert for your reply,
Pls you check this link http://www.jet-electro.com/html/inverter.htm
I need only charging system as like?
My battery 120ah I use APC 650va ups
Ups never charge that battery so I change charging need long time backup?

OK still a lot of ???? for me in your request
You want to charge batterys and when they reach the full level (voltage level) you want to swich it off automaticaly
What kind of battery do you have???? and how big (capacity wise)

Sounds like you are trying to extend backup time via a larger battery on an
UPS. Bad idea. Inverters like the APC model mentioned are not designed
to run constantly. Size your UPS properly, and get a true on-line backup
power system. I prefer Best (now Powerware) equipment.
<als>

A proper UPS does charge the battery and maintains it

if you increase the capacity of the battery the problem is that the charge current should increase also and that is normaly not the case

if you increase the battery capacity it than it will last longer in a power failure but it takes also longer to top the battery up and by a to low charging current for that capacity

I don't know the specs of the APC but a UPS should normaly be able to work full time conected on the net and do it's job

Robert-Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back