Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SCR Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

willeng

I am having a problem in LTSpice with a basic SCR circuit that I can't seem to work out, just wondering if someone could have a look for me & see what I am overlooking?

As you will see in the attachments I have two SCR's, one is triggered for the power flow of the positive half cycle & the other one for the power flow of the negative half cycle.

Attachment: SCR TEST, shows this to be working ok.

In the second attachment SCR TEST 2, I have delayed the trigger firing by 5ms on both SCR's, this is where I am getting a problem, the positive half cycle shows the delay but the negative half cycle does not?

Not sure what I am doing wrong?

Cheers

Attachments

• SCR TEST.JPG
    SCR TEST.JPG
    122.4 KB · Views: 152
  • SRC TEST 2.JPG
    SRC TEST 2.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 141
The gate trigger sources should be connected between gate and cathode, not to ground. You would need to use a pulse transformer or opto-coupler to trigger the thyristors with a ground referenced signal.

Timescope

The gate trigger pulse for any SCR must be applied to the gate with respect to the cathode. Your connections make no sense. You are trying to trigger them with respect to a ground which is the whole supply voltage removed from the cathode voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back