Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SCR switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

slingsrat

I need a very simple circuit diagram for a SCR switch. I need it so when a circuit is broken power flows through a secondary circuit.

All the scr switch diagrams I've found work with an already broken circuit and connecting it will trigger the scr.

Basically I want a circuit that will trigger a solenoid when a circuit is broken. I used an scr design in the past but have forgotten it!

Thanks for any help.

I need a very simple circuit diagram for a SCR switch. I need it so when a circuit is broken power flows through a secondary circuit.

All the scr switch diagrams I've found work with an already broken circuit and connecting it will trigger the scr.

Basically I want a circuit that will trigger a solenoid when a circuit is broken. I used an scr design in the past but have forgotten it!

Thanks for any help.

hi,
Connect the normally closed switch across the SCR gate and Cathode, connect a resistor from the Anode to the gate.

When the switch opens the Gate will be triggered, choose a resistor with of the highest value that will trigger the SCR. Remember resistor wattage.:)

Last edited:
So this is correct then?

**broken link removed**

pressing the switch will power the solenoid?

Last edited:
hi,
Look at this image.

Once triggered, the SCR will remain ON until +V is removed.

As you havn't said which type of SCR or what the +V voltage is, you will have to calculate the R value.

Attachments

• esp01 May. 02.gif
    esp01 May. 02.gif
    6.5 KB · Views: 1,475
Thanks for that. How do i calculate R? I'm using a C106D at 12V.

hi,
Looking at the datasheet, a 1.5K or 2.2K resistor should trigger OK.
0.125W or 0.25Watt..

To switch OFF the scr, place a normally open switch across anode to cathode [ short out the SCR when pressed].

OK.?:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back