Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SCR Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright I've had enough of this guy...Here was the Conversation we had via PM on youtube...

I've taken screenshot's of the conversation so they couldn't be altered or faked...

If these PM's were rude, then I apoloize, but in my honest opinion I was being as polite as possible...

I put this up only to clear my name, I am not trying to incite raptorrchester...as to his wish I will take the videos down...

Racer53

Attachments

• Reply 1.JPG
    Reply 1.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 127
  • Reply 2.JPG
    Reply 2.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 113
  • Reply 3.JPG
    Reply 3.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 116
  • Reply 4.JPG
    Reply 4.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 126
  • Re 1.JPG
    Re 1.JPG
    123.5 KB · Views: 126
  • Re 2.JPG
    Re 2.JPG
    123.3 KB · Views: 119
  • Re 3.JPG
    Re 3.JPG
    123.3 KB · Views: 113
All I can say is that just judging from your postings (Racer53) and "raptorrochester"'s, you've got nothing to apologize for. You have been polite throughout this thread, while he used the a-hole word how many times now? (It doesn't personally offend me, just surprised one of the moderators hasn't stepped in here yet. Not that I'm asking for that!)

I guess I won't say anything more, as I haven't viewed the videos yet (and don't intend to). I am mildly curious as to whether this project really does require a massive humungous SCR to work, though.

I think it's time to simply just let it go. The thread served its purpose and no sense in worrying about the basic ********. If left alone the thread will simply die and that would be a good thing. I also believe anyone reading it can easily figure things out for themselves as to who is what.

Ron

Agree.

For the sake of us with slow connections (show of hands, please?) who can't be bothered to view the YouBoob video, can someone post the circuit here? Just curious about the whole SCR/NPN deal.

Last edited:
Agree.

For the sake of us with slow connections (show of hands, please?) who can't be bothered to view the YouBoob video, can someone post the circuit here? Just curious about the whole SCR/NPN deal.

There was no circuit. What the guy did was a quick hack of a cheap Dollar Store timer. He ran two wires off the buzzer out of the box (plastic case) to what looked to be a small TO92 package device. There was no mention in the video as to what the device was. He did not say what the device was and there was no pin out or anything shown or described. He connected I believe a battery and lamp. When the timer counts down the lamp illuminates. Actually as to explaining much of anything the video was about as useless as teats on a bull. It was OK to watch and OK quality but really didn't explain anything or show what the component was. This leaves anyone inexperienced and many with experience wondering what the device was. You really have to see it to understand what this was all about.

Ron

I think it's time to simply just let it go. The thread served its purpose and no sense in worrying about the basic ********. If left alone the thread will simply die and that would be a good thing. I also believe anyone reading it can easily figure things out for themselves as to who is what.

Ron
Agreed...I'm done with this thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back