Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Scoreboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello to all of you.....
This is my first time to post in this website and i'm hoping that someone will help me about our project.
Our project is aboout a manually operated scoreboard... Its just like a 7 segment led but the dimension is 7 by 10, each segment must be connected to individual switch. If you have a schematic diagram in connection to this project can you gave me a copy or send at my email ad. This is my email ad nkarenjoy@yahoo.com
All you're comments are highly appreciated.
Thank you...

Good day to all...
I would like to ask if somebody have a schematic diagram about a manually operated scoreboard. Its feature is simillar to the project made by norlyn...
Please help me about it...
Youre help is highly appreciated....
I'm hoping for your help....
Thank You very much....

Scoreboard genius

Norlin,

Did you ever finish your scoreboard? If you did can you send some Pic's?

Jesse Nunez
Aztech Audio Video Inc.

I did finish it, however I can't find it at the moment, once I find it in my over cluttered house I'll try to remember to post some newer pictures. It basically looks like the pictures I've already taken but with a plexiglass box around it.

Diffusing LED's

Sounds like you guys have it figured out, but for what it's worth, i'll throw in my 2 cents.
I do a lot of LED work and have always diffused them by hitting the very tops on an upright belt sander. Just hold them in your hand and sand off about 1/8".
This is based on a 10mm LED. The ones I use are minimum 140,000 MCD with a 7 degree light spread. So after I sand them, the brightness and the 7 degree spread works out real nice for a diffused finished product.

I also want to say thanks to Norlin for posting all his efforts with the scoreboard project. Very impressive. If you ever get it on paper with your code, I'm sure many of us, including myself, would love to play with it.

Anyway, have a good xmas all.

Face :eek:

Hi

Firstly thanks for a great topic.

I'm in the middle of creating 7 segment digits for my clock project, I did also intend to use the sparkfun method as it looks good and seems to work well.when I finally finished my first test digit I was very put off with the outline of the LED's shining through the diffused layer, the out lines of the LED's was very prominent.

I see in your photos that this looks so with your digits, I can see 2 prominent LED's in each segment, Is this the final version and do you feal the same as me? I have tried allsorts to try and overcome this-

sanding the top and whole LED's , applying hot melt glue around them and also other defused fronts all seem to have the same result (still see the round LED's)

I eventually gave that up as a bad job and started to think of more radical ways-

I got some 20mm clear round bar perspex and cut these in to segment shape then drilled holes in each end for the LED's.the LED's were glued in and the rods surface sanded down to defuse the flowing light.On first test I was very pleased the rod shone like Darf Vader's light saber.I am now in the process of making a single digit for test and trying to get this in at the weekend, when done I will post some results.

thanks mark

Today I finished up the receiving and displaying end of the circuit and wired up the LEDs in back to a test breadboard, here are some lighted pics:

Testing a single digit
**broken link removed**

Wiring side of single digit test
**broken link removed**

Testing all digits with code running
**broken link removed**

Wiring side of all digit test
**broken link removed**

Noticed I have a problem with my code, it outputs hex values, but I'm going to need to output packed BCD values, so now to write a function to convert the output unless PICC has a library function built in for this. After that the next steps are to build and code the transmitter, make a PCB for the receiver/display (eventually a PCB for the transmitter as well and housing).

Edit: Noticed in the pictures the LEDs show up as spots, to the naked eye the diffusion is much more seemless, seems the camera picks the light up differently.

Last edited:
Re:Anyone

Hi..hey Norlin do you have the circuit diagram of that project??can you send it to my email..imcabaltica@yahoo.com..

tnx...

and to everybody here can you give me the circuit diagram if you have which is similar to this project...it is badly needed..

Thanks!

Isnt this the thread about the guy who built a scoreboard.. only to loose it somewhere in is house?

My ADD says "Hello".

So 9 Volts? Is that what you were saying?

electronic scoreboard

hi nerlon!!! i am also trying to make scoreboard. can u tell me the list of components used in this project?

hey there could you teach me how to do score boards like thos i hav a basketball court on our backyard ,.,a circuit diagram will do,.,thankyou.,.,does a pick micro controler costs???are you planing to build a timer that would be great/.././

Sick, the football organization I volunteered with paid 5 grand for a portable score board, It had more features that this, but still, that is impressive.

can you give me a list of everything you used please I’m new to this but I am a low voltage technician, I just have never built anything from scratch but I think it well be a great hobby. And I want to show off at my local moose lodge with making a new scoreboard for the shuffleboard machine. I well appreciate any help i can get and I am new to some of the terms but learn fast I've been reading all day and I think I understand the programming already but have never done it so a dummy walk through well not be offensive but helpful. Please help

Last edited:
Hi "Norlin".
I was reading your thread on your project to make a scoreboard. Did you ever finish it? I'm wanting to make an outdoor unit for our soccer club (as we can't afford $4000!).

I was considering purchasing a kit from an electronic store called Jacar and modifying it, but it seems you may have done it from scratch. One main thing is that I would like to make the numbers a good 300mm high (1'), so I would have to probably put 3 rows of leds for each of the 7 segments of a digit.

Please let me know.
Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back