Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Scope to measure power factor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyback

Hello,
We wish to do PFC measurements on our “stair-step” mains input current waveform Direct drive LED drivers.
We wish to get PFC by Active Power/ Apparent power
We need the scope to be able to sample and then record 10ms worth of input waveform of current and voltage simultaneously, and store 1e6 points in memory of this. (to give good resolution). Thats 1e6 points of both current and voltage.
Do you know what is the cheapest 100MHz scope that can do this?
I know the lecroy wavesurfer can do it but that is very expensive

Hello,
We wish to do PFC measurements on our “stair-step” mains input current waveform Direct drive LED drivers.
We wish to get PFC by Active Power/ Apparent power
We need the scope to be able to sample and then record 10ms worth of input waveform of current and voltage simultaneously, and store 1e6 points in memory of this. (to give good resolution). Thats 1e6 points of both current and voltage.
Do you know what is the cheapest 100MHz scope that can do this?
I know the lecroy wavesurfer can do it but that is very expensive
Is 100MHz anywhere near fast enough for that depth?

Maybe look at a HP boat anchor scope. Some of the 10 year old units go cheap and have alot of function. I have a 4 channel Lecroy 450MHz scope with the math function Roms in. That would do it easily and cost around £150 on ebay a few years back. The price has actually come down on them now.
A good make like lecroy or HP that is 10-15 years old should still have plenty of life and be cheap.

The other option is a old HP logic analyser with the scope option card, it has the advantage of massive memory. Downside is the HDD tend to fail in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back