Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Scope of SDCC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I just wanted to know the scope of SDCC compiler for compiling in C language... for PIC 16f series controllers...

I'd like to learn the open source compilers...

Regards,

Simran..:)

As far as I can tell SDCC support for 16F chips is not good. There is APP-II's PIC16F873 but I do not know much about it. I suggest you move up to the 18F family (if you can get them) and use MCC18. If maybe not start a import company and sell them?

This **broken link removed** says this about the PIC 16F and 18F in regards to C compilers.
The 18F architecture sucks, but the 16F architecture sucks many orders of magnitude worse

It is difficult to build a good C compiler for the 16F family.

simrantogether said:
Hi,

I just wanted to know the scope of SDCC compiler for compiling in C language... for PIC 16f series controllers...

I'd like to learn the open source compilers...

Regards,

Simran..:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back