Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

School Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpho

hello everyone..i am working on this school project and i need ideas.My main theme is Inclination and my aspects are Tilting and Descending.If you want to share an idea which involves inclination either tilting or descending do not be afraid to do so please..circuit diagrams will also do..im on my final year at high school

Last edited:
i chose the two aspects i want to work on..i.e tilting and descending..so i need ideas that involve tilting or descending

Please post more context. I have no idea what tilting or descending means in electronics.

Or, if this is a translation, try other words.

How about this, take a board, say 2ft x 2ft. Mount it in a parallel plane to the ground. Place a metal ball bearing on it, have a metal circuit tilt the board to keep the ball from falling off the board.

That one would probably be pretty involved, if it's too complex, try something simple like have a wand with a tilt type sensor in it, have it connected to a string of LEDs, the more you tilt the wand, the more LEDs light up.

I guess we just need to know more about what you mean by "tilt"

tilt as in something that slants from a horizontal or vertical position...i need something practical-something that people can use on their everyday lives to assist them in some way

tilt as in something that performs on a slope, ie. It's on a tilt or
tilt, when you have a device that is aware when it gets tilted from a default position or
tilt as in a device that can measure what angle it is being tilted at from the default or
tilt as in a device that can measure the speed at which it is being tilted
etc
you need to come up with an idea at least vaguely before people can help you

mpho said:
tilt as in something that slants from a horizontal or vertical position...i need something practical-something that people can use on their everyday lives to assist them in some way

Hi mpho,

We all know what the definition of "tilt" is; what we can't figure out from the information you have given is what you are trying to do with it.

In general life, I would think perhaps the most useful tilted device would be the ramp. Or perhaps the lever. Is that what you mean?

Or are you talking about self-balancing robots?

Or clinometers?

Please provide as much information as possible, so we can get a good idea of what your assignment is and what kind of help you might need with it.

Good luck,

Torben

tilt as in something that performs on a slope....e.g ramps,levers,escalators,conveyor belts..
things that we use on our everyday lives

Last edited:
mpho said:
tilt as in something that works on a slope....

A toboggan works very nicely on a slope. Unless it's summer. Then you want a wagon.

You're not getting the part about "provide as much information as you can", are you? We're not telepathic.

Torben

Edit: OK, now I see your edit to your post. So you need to make something that goes up and down a slope and uses electricity to do it? Is that the idea? The only ramp I can think of that I use in everyday life is my driveway, unfortunately. I suspect that's not what the instructor is looking for.

Are you supposed to be coming up with some kind of novel, yet useful, use for something which can travel up and/or down a slope?

Last edited:
i think i have an idea....i think a security barrier will do
see image below for a clue**broken link removed**
but i will need the automated version so if you have any suggestions or circuit diagrams please post them

Last edited:
mpho said:
i think i have an idea....i think a security barrier will do
see image below for a clue**broken link removed**
but i will need the automated version so if you have any suggestions or circuit diagrams please post them

That link is badly broken.

Torben

My suggestion would be to think about that it needs to do, and break that down in to individual tasks and parts. How will it be activated? What will the signal to lower again be? How do you plan to raise and lower the bar? What safety features should it have? What sensors do you think you'll need?

Once you've come up with a block diagram, start going through the blocks and designing the internals for each part.

This should be a fairly simple project. If you run into problems feel free to ask (but asking us to just provide you with a schematic won't get you anywhere; the point of the assignment is that *you* do it. You can get help here if you get stuck).

Torben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back