Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

School Project Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

saintelvis01

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to create a battery powered car as in the following link using the same parts described but have one dilema..... I need to be able to reverse the polarity on the car. I have been able to create a system that works using two paper clips and moving between the posts as in the diagram...But I am looking for a better way to do it...Any thoughts?

**broken link removed**

Attachments

• school project.jpg
    school project.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 120
Simply flip one end of the rubber band over to reverse the direction. Have a piece of plastic sheet in between so the rubber band doesn't wear itself out.

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to create a battery powered car as in the following link using the same parts described but have one dilema..... I need to be able to reverse the polarity on the car. I have been able to create a system that works using two paper clips and moving between the posts as in the diagram...But I am looking for a better way to do it...Any thoughts?

Actually, you are doing it correctly. The only modification would be to attach the two paperclips together (mechanically, not electrically! ;)) so that they move as one switch. You will then have the standard double pole, double throw (DPDT) switch.

Or, you can buy a small DPDT switch, mount it and solder in the circuit. But, I like the improvised method better for this type of project.

Last edited:
SteveB,

Thanks for confirming this for me.... I did have a couple of tooth picks holding the two paper clips together but need a better solution... The contacts are not staying connected as well as hoped...I am still working on it.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back