Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

School project- for presentation

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCHONG

Hi Dear All,

could you pls give me some ideas for my school project, because my ideas has been rejected by my Teacher. must come out a innovative electronic project that can be sell to market as a business.( Technopreneurship)

no need to build circuit , just use presentatation to show this innovative product is creative and must know what technology applied for it. finally can earn money in business..!!!!!!! could you help???pls pls pls

Inflatable toothbrush with high pressure flushing system and shock freezer automatic. :D

Before you start working at a demanding project like your teacher ordered make sure that the teacher doesn't sell your idea as his own and makes profit of it.

How about an affordable building management system for private households?

There are many things the system can take care of: Air conditioning, automatic fire fighting (including smoke venting), hot water generation, access control, building surveillance, intruder tracking etc.

Boncuk

I don't know why he so demand....Thanks 4 ur remind, hope that he don't ....:( it is difficult to create a innovative products.....most already in market already
Thanks for your suggest..:) may i know what technology can be applied for building management system...GPS? and bluetooth submit data to handphone?

Hi Lchong,

no, bluetooth and/or GPS are not necessary for a project like that. All you need is an MCU and a GPLD (for sufficient digital I/O ports) and possibly a lot of programming space as well as RAM for variables. If the MCUs internal flash ROM doesn't suffice you might connect an external memory circuit.

A program for building management should operate with a commonly known OS, such as Windows or Linux.

An MCU and and GPLD will be used to interface sensors and devices.

You could also simplify the entire project in breaking it up into different tasks, e.g. one for air conditioning and one for access control. That way there is almost no limititaion of sensors and receivers.

Boncuk

Last edited:
Can you tell what was your project that rejected?

Note that someone can get a patent by using these valuable ideas.

Yes, I'm curious, too.

It's not the first time an idea has been stolen and used for high profit.

They can but the pattent won't stand up in court, if you can prove you invented it first.

They can but the pattent won't stand up in court, if you can prove you invented it first.

My experience is different: If you show up at the European patent authority in Munich with a bunch of paper (and possibly a working sample) nobody asks you to prove that you invented the device.

With patents it's just the same as it is in a butcher's shop: First come, first serve.

Hans

Last edited:
The pattent they grant you donesn't mean anything unless you can defend in a court case and win.

I could pattent something that hasn't been pattented and is already available in shops, then try suing the poeple who make it but I wouldn't get very far because the manufacture could prove they've been making it for years.

The pattent they grant you donesn't mean anything unless you can defend in a court case and win.

I could pattent something that hasn't been pattented and is already available in shops, then try suing the poeple who make it but I wouldn't get very far because the manufacture could prove they've been making it for years.

Here is a practical example: Woods of Colchester Ltd. developed a variable pitch fan, called "Varofoil". Novenco (Norway) copied the thing and got it patented without any problems. There was only one downside to the patent: Whenever a fan stalled it lost its blades. (Absolutely no problem with Woods fans, experiencing 15 years of uninterrupted stall. :) )

So Novenco delivered a spare hub with blades for each fan. After five years they went bankrupt. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back