Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Schmitt Trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdmuashr

How can I use Schmitt Trigger to set a certain threshold voltage by using potentiometer?
How can I cause delay in the output of Schmitt Trigger?
In which form Schmitt Trigger are available in market?
Name of the Manufacturers?
Note: The input is sine wave.

1) Use the potentiometer to change the power supply voltage. The preset levels in the Schmidt trigger will follow the changes in the power supply voltage.
2) Schmidt triggers don't have delay features, so you can't use them.
3) Go to wwww.mouser.com and type in, "Schmidt trigger". Their search engine will present you with what is available, including the manufacturers name.

Given your input is sinusoidal your best bet is to employ a high-speed comparator for the input. A Schmitt trigger would be an unreliable choice at best.

You need to give more detail on what you are trying to accomplish, such as the frequency and amplitude of the input, range of delay, post delay circuit parameters, etc.

Hi all where i can found trigger shmit ? i mean witch machine? calculator or where?? where use many trigger shmit ?

How can I cause delay in the output of Schmitt Trigger?
Put an RC before it's input.

1) Use the potentiometer to change the power supply voltage. The preset levels in the Schmidt trigger will follow the changes in the power supply voltage.
Given that I understand you correct. Use voltage divider to supply voltage to schmittrigger circuit may cause the circuit to oscillate.
And a funny thing is: Whenever the potentiometer make the upper voltage input to set correct, possibly the lower voltage will also be set to a higher level, wich may cause weird effects not anticipated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back