Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Schematic symbol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joel Rainville

In the attached schematic, what does the circled symbol mean/represent?

Attachments

• 7407_schem.png
    7407_schem.png
    7.9 KB · Views: 998
BTW Joel here is great link for future reference.

**broken link removed**

I hope this helps.

If I may ask, What does that circuit do? It looks like an Amp to me. What class is it and whats the output in watts?

Overclocked said:
If I may ask, What does that circuit do? It looks like an Amp to me. What class is it and whats the output in watts?

It looks like the internal circuit of a TTL IC to me, presumably an open-collector buffer or inverter? (I can't be bothered to work out which).

Nigel Goodwin said:
Overclocked said:

It looks like the internal circuit of a TTL IC to me, presumably an open-collector buffer or inverter? (I can't be bothered to work out which).

You win, it's a 7407 open-collector buffer. ;)

I like to simulate those circuits found in IC datasheets using Livewire, helps me a lot understand the inner workings...

livewire is great isn't it? do you have the pro or home edition? i have the pro

Joel Rainville said:
In the attached schematic, what does the circled symbol mean/represent?

Hi Joel,
Sorry to intrude, but in this case the symbol may also indicate the chips silicon substrate. That's if it is taken from a TTL datasheet.

TOK ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back