Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

schematic simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone

In order to understand how electronic components work and to forward myself onto pcb making I have created a circuit within Livewire, Unfortunately when in simulation the circuit does not act as it should and does on the breadboard. This circuit is tested as I say on the breadboard and is working as it should, giving me a 30 sec pulse to the led from (soon to provide a 30 sec pulse to an external device) a 1 sec input.

I have a question about one of the pins- IC2c the 4093 the pin is low-0 and not high-1
Can you think of why this is?

Any other ideas of why I can't get this circuit to simulate correctly ( flash the LED once every 30 sec's)

Cheers Mark

Forgot to ask!!

As any other Livewire user had a similar problem with IC pins not working correctly, Gremlins in the software???

Attachments

• electro forum.jpg
    electro forum.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:
My best guess is that the simulator software thinks that the switch SW1 is closed.
This would give a 0 at the input of IC2c.

Try running the simulation with the switch removed..

JimB

Last edited:
JimB said:
My best guess is that the simulator software thinks that the switch SW1 is closed.

JimB

Hi Jim

Thanks for the reply on that!! Already tried taking out sw1 and c1 and even connecting the pit straight up to the 5v, neither worked.

Mark

Last edited:
I don't know how good it is, but we often hear about Proteus. Sure there's a lot more... i don't use any SIM.. or once a decade.

JimB said:

JimB

Hi Jim

I added vdd and vss instead of 5v and 0v and it eliminated the 0 on the pin problem but still the sim does not run right.It The led flashes about every 4 sec instead of 30 sec.

Not happy as the circuit is tried ans tested on breadboard but does not simulate in Livewire right. Unless I'm missing something!!!

Mark

Attachments

• div30.jpg
    div30.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back