Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Schematic reading help

Status
Not open for further replies.

gyrene

Hello everyone.I'm the new guy here and out of respect for you and your valuable time I will cut right to the chase if thats alright with you.
I need some help understaning how to read my schematic.
I have been trying to read the direction of current (I) flow as it comes into the circuit out of the wall outlet.
This is for an amp I have that blows a fuse( a 250v 5amp) a minute or so after I power it up.
So I look at the schematic and see that power comes in from the wall and into the transformer where it is stepped down from the 120 volts to a usable 50 volts or so.
Then I follow it along the black line till I get to a black dot.Thats a connection.When the current hits a parallel circuit it hits both components at the same time since its moving at the speed of light.Series moves right along.Series parallel splits at the speed of light too.
Now it travels along that black line till it gets to a fuse! Where it pops the fuse.
This amp is a Marantz 1090 from about 1978 or so.I got the schematic off hifiengine.com
If the fuse is on the power supply side of the circuit does that mean the power supply may be faulty?The fuse that keeps popping is on the main board right side.The left side fuse never pops.I had a tuner hooked up and it ran fine for that minute or so.Had sound and volume to the left side only.
I can test diodes by removing them and testing for open or short.Same with the transistors.Remove and test like a diode.
But reading that schematic is killing me.
Can someone just answer these few questions and I will continue on with the struggle.I feel like this amp should be resurrected and brought back to full strenght.I can do it but I WILL need your help.
On a more general note I have these questions:
As I follow the current into a diode the current moves along the path and out the diode as if out of a shotgun,right? Not following the point of the triangle in the schematic diagram symbol.In other words the current runs the opposite way the arrow points?
Then in a transistor the current enters through the emitter ( the arrow) and runs aganist the point.Is that correct?Is it different for NPN (not pointing in) and PNP(pointing in)?Current runs in the emitter and out the base? All the time?
Just these few answers will help me a great deal.
If you can help me THANK YOU SO MUCH...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back