Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

schematic help

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXAxHillbillyXx

I am currently building this meter and have all but finished it i see this part (circled in red) of the schematic and it just sends me through a loop.. there is a symbol for ground and the letters "GND" I am a little confused on how to hook this part up
**broken link removed**

The meter measures either voltage or current.

To measure voltage, connect the voltage to the two terminals marked "Input 0-70V".

To measure current, connect the "Input 0-70V" connection with the ground symbol to the plus supply voltage for the load. Connect the "Output GND" connection to the load. You do not use the "+" connections to measure current.

CAUTION: For current measurement the circuit being measured can not have a common ground connection with the meter common or the power supply to the meter.

To measure current, the current has to flow through the 0.47 Ohm current-shunt resistor between the ground symbol and the terminal labeled GND. The PIC is measuring the voltage drop which appears across the shunt. This is a "low-side" current measurement.

If he floats the voltmeter circuit ground then he can measure current in either the high side or the low side of his external circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back