Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

schematic for TRIO 9R-59D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can buy the manual from Howard Sams, but it will cost you US $22 + shipping. If you search their site for it, omit the hyphen when entering the part number.

BTW, it was made by Kenwood, which you may already know.

Ron H said:

In the UK (and maybe some other places) it was sold under the name "Trio". I am not quite sure why, maybe to distinguish it from the Kenwood domestic appliances we have here.

However, the Trio radio gear changed its name to Kenwood about 20 years or so ago.

JimB

JimB said:
Ron H said:

In the UK (and maybe some other places) it was sold under the name "Trio". I am not quite sure why, maybe to distinguish it from the Kenwood domestic appliances we have here.

Yes, as far as I was aware, the Trio name was only used in the UK?, as the Kenwood trade name was already in use. Presumably they came to some arrangement which allowed them to use the kenwood name on amateur radio gear in the UK?, then (much later) the Trio audio name was also changed to Kenwood - not that it matters now, as they dropped home audio a number of years ago (probably as a result of selling Kenwood audio systems off incredibly cheaply on satellite TV, which resulted in many of their dealers boycotting Kenwood - of which we were one!).

Incidently, the sole UK Importers of Trio/Kenwood radio equipment were Lowe Electronics of Matlock, in the same town where I work, after many years of them offering superb service Kenwood decided to do it themselves, and standards dropped considerably :cry:

I actually still have a mix of Trio and Kenwood audio seperates, which are still used on a daily basis!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back