Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Schematic for Sanyo VHR-9413 VCR needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimS

The display on this VCR suddenly went dim. I thought it went completely out but in a dim room with the front panel off the display can be seen working. It is a VFD display and I suspect the power supply caps are bad (my understanding is that this is a common problem with VFDs and that they often use a voltage multiplier circuit for power). Can anyone supply or point me to a schematic?

Thanks.

The display on this VCR suddenly went dim. I thought it went completely out but in a dim room with the front panel off the display can be seen working. It is a VFD display and I suspect the power supply caps are bad (my understanding is that this is a common problem with VFDs and that they often use a voltage multiplier circuit for power). Can anyone supply or point me to a schematic?

Thanks.

Does the unit work, other than this?

Are you sure that there isn't a setting or switch that allows bright/dim operation?

check first power supplay for :
1- Around -25 between -35 volts or so. this supplay for vfd driver voltage for grits. this voltage goes direct to VFD driver ic one of grits supplay pin.
2- Check the vfd display all left 1. pin and all right last pin. This 2 ( or 4 but together )pins flamans supplay around 2.5 - 3.5 A.C or dc volts but mostly A.C volt.

Another choice you have to check the pins of data, strob and clock. This pins comes from cpu of video conteroller. you can find of this pins. But you need schme which one is clock which one is data or strobe. Or if you have osilaskop you can find anyway. Possible vfd driver is out of order. Or smps has problem for -25-35 volts. Mostly protection resistor can be broken.himmm what else.
Or you have to buy of this vcr manual. like Service Manuals - Sony, Marantz, JVC, Pioneer, Kenwood & Panasonic

My experience with Sanyo is very good, with quality products. I have a Sanyo tuner, VCR, and television. For individual parts, all I supply them with is the part number and all other numbers on the device, and unit info if available, and Sanyo answers my inquiries. Give Sanyo the model and serial number ( and part number if visible), and you will receive the data needed for this repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back