Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Schematic drawing software

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCDK

Some years ago, I tryed a schematic drawing program, where you could place and wire the components, and last run a "test" to see if it all where put right together.

Does anyone know the name of that program ?

Thanks

I agree with crust: if you're looking for electrical rules check then Eagle is probably as good as you're going to find for free at the moment.

If you're talking about simulation though, I would recommend LTSpice/SwitcherCAD III. It's a very nice and totally free (as in beer) circuit simulator.

Torben

hey torben i downloaded LTSpice/SwitcherCAD III and i must say i dont like it i can even find things like a LED or motor or any ICs. can you tell me how to do this

hey torben i downloaded LTSpice/SwitcherCAD III and i must say i dont like it i can even find things like a LED or motor or any ICs. can you tell me how to do this

You can download various models from the LTSpice Yahoo! group once you've signed up.

LTSpice doesn't do little animations or cartoons when you run a circuit; you track what's going on by putting traces on various points in the circuit and watching the plotted results.

You're not going to find a better totally free simulator, but the price is a slightly steeper learning curve.

Torben

You can download various models from the LTSpice Yahoo! group once you've signed up.

LTSpice doesn't do little animations or cartoons when you run a circuit; you track what's going on by putting traces on various points in the circuit and watching the plotted results.

You're not going to find a better totally free simulator, but the price is a slightly steeper learning curve.

Torben

how can i download them would it be like a component package that has different components

how can i download them would it be like a component package that has different components

Some are, yes. Some are individual components. Some contain both a symbol file and a model file. In that case you could either just put both files into the same directory as your schematic file, or else put the symbol file into the LTC/SwCADIII/lib/sym/ directory and the model file into LTC/SwCADIII/lib/sub.

Some models can be used with various symbols. You can also include the text of the model file directly into your schematic

You should really just join the group and browse the Files section of the group site to see what's there. There are also many other places to get models for various things, and some people on this site might be willing to make a model file for you if you can't find one for a component you want to simulate.

Torben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back