Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

schematic drawing software

Status
Not open for further replies.

lokeycmos

does anyone happen to know of any free software that allows me to easily draw up schematics such as the attached one?

Attachments

• flydriver1.png
    flydriver1.png
    3.1 KB · Views: 209
I use Microsoft Paint program. I copy and paste pieces from other schematics and from datasheets.

A very popular free one is . It's a little quirky to use but once you get used to it then it produces good results.

Mike.

Or you might try express schematic, a free download that is a little easier to use. You would still need to make one block but they have pretty good directions.

I use LTSpice (a free download). You can quickly draw schematics and simulate the circuit operation.

Gschem is good and lets you export pcb files. Huge learning curve if you want to do more than draw schematics though (like simulation) - but it can do quite a lot. I've been using Tina-TI from Texas lately. I don't know if you can run it on windows, but xfig is a good general purpose cad program with electronics libraries I think, but horrible to get used to. For simple diagrams I use Dia. Sorry I'm a Linux person so only really know Linux...
xcircuit is nice.

I can't remember what it's called but Analogue Devices supply a free drawing/simulation program - I haven't used it since it won't run on wine.

(and now I'm going to check out designspark and fritzing :D )

Last edited:
ltspice runs well on wine... once in a while you get artifacts when using the wire draw tool, but they go away when you exit the tool.

Gschem is ok... there's also kicad for linux and i like that too. i like it better than gschem because it seems to translate a schematic to a pc board much easier than the geda tools do. there are also some scripts for creating new schematic symbols from a pin list or even pictures of pin layouts for QFN, QFP, and BGA chips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back